Basma Khalifa is a Sudanese, Irish Afro-Arab woman living in London. Basma well known as a fashion Stylist, Journalist and Film Maker.
Basma graduated with a BA degree in Fashion Business before she started her career working in public relations at Peoples Revolution in New York City. Basma worked alongside brands such as Jeremy Scott Mara Hoffman and Style.com.
From there Basma moved to London where she began working at magazines ranging from Vogue, Net-A-Porter, Harper’s Bazaar, ES Magazine and InStyle Magazine.
Her experience working in Luxury and Commercial fashion allowed Basma to build an extensive book of contacts before setting out as a freelance Stylist.
In a bid to create powerful content, Basma began Vlogging and created a series called She Is where she interviewed women in the fashion industry about their views on diversity.
From there Basma has featured on BBC News, BBC Three, Radio 4 Women’s Hour and Radio 1xtra, ITV News, Channel 5live and more.
Basma has also presented a featured documentary on BBC3 named “Inside The Real Saudi Arabia” which has had very successful viewing figures of over 1.7million and has since been syndicated worldwide. Basma is now continuing her journey to present documentaries centred around identity and diversity.
- Worked at NYC, London and Miami Fashion Week both in PR and Editorial.
- Styled campaigns, lookbooks globally.
- Styled commercials for big brands such as Samsung, Barclays and Kinder and more.
- Took part in BBC Womens Expert 2017
- Featured on prime time news outlets including BBC News, ITV News and more.
- Regularly contributed to panels centred around fashion and diversity.
- Presented a full form Documentary on BBC3
What Basma is currently working on
- Art directing social impact campaigns with diverse talent.
- Styling campaigns and commercials for high profile commercial clients.
- Advising and consulting with brands and charities on outreach.
- Regularly featuring on panels and events speaking about experience in the fashion industry and the importance of diversity and identity.
- Formulating and shooting new documentary concepts with various production companies.